some things i have written
- "From 'Friendly' State to Enmity State" and "Even 'Turning Texas Blue' Won't Save Us If We Don't Face Some Hard Truths" (Texas Observer) - Two of my most recent op-eds for the watchdog magazine look at Texas leaders' bad decisions and bids to pit neighbor against neighbor amid a raging pandemic.
- "The Stair Sweeper" (Home with the Armadillo/Substack) - My first foray into fiction-writing; a Halloween story for the homesick, published in my newsletter.
- "Fake Clinics Aren't the Answer" (New York Times) - First in Texas, and then across the nation, anti-abortion lawmakers are remaking the safety net for reproductive health care in their own image of God. I am not a fan.
- "Can We Please Make Cancel Culture Happen" (Home with the Armadillo/Substack) - If we're going to be out here hand-wringing about who's really a good guy, can we at least actually cancel some bad guys?
- "We Are the Daughters of the Silent Generations" (Home with the Armadillo/Substack) - The first installment of my newsletter, wherein I unpack the Highwomen's reimagining of a country music classic.
- "Texas is the Last Stop" (Medium) - Is a genuinely less fucked-up Texas even possible? Beto O'Rourke tried it!
- The Well Actually (Dame magazine) - A media criticism column written through an intersectional feminist lens.
- Bad Advice (The Establishment) - A weekly (bad) advice column in which the Bad Advisor validates all the worst ideas of the world's advice-seeking public.
- Resistance Kitchen (Tumblr) - A few years ago, I moved to California by mistake. While I was there, I wrote and edited a food blog about politics. A sampling: chili for Texas, and the ceviche of ghoulish fuckery.