opinion, analysis and humor

The Grimes Scene (Texas Observer) - Texas politics, through an intersectional femin- you know what? It's a lot of me yelling at Greg Abbott.

Would You Like Some Help With That? (The Offing) July 22, 2015 - Meet "Anti-Oppression Clippy," the most socially conscious of all virtual office assistants.

Losing My Lege (Rewire) January to May, 2015 - A weekly political column about the goings-on in and around the Texas state capitol during the 84th Texas Legislature.

State of the Media (Texas Observer) - I took over the Observer's long-running media criticism column from the estimable Bill Minutaglio in July 2014 before broadening my scope to include the whole of the Texas political world in the Grimes Scene.

Hitched (The Frisky) - "Hitched" was a weekly column about wedding planning, the wedding industrial complex and related patriarchal bullshit.

Alternatives to Planned Parenthood? Not in Texas. (Rewire) April 6, 2011 - Before I met with Texas State Representative Dan Flynn, I truly believed that even the most passionate anti-choice conservative couldn’t look me in the face and tell me they didn’t really care whether I got the reproductive health care I needed. (I was wrong.)

Why There Aren't More Female Comics At SXSW (Jezebel) February 24, 2011 - How can one of the country's most progressive, independent festivals books just one woman out of thirty comics for its comedy showcase?

My Brush With Cervical Cancer (Jezebel) February 24, 2011 - Millions of women each year deal with the fallout of contracting HPV. I am one of them.

Girl On Top (Dallas Observer) - A Katie Award-winning participatory journalism-slash-humor column wherein I spent a couple of years doing ridiculous shit like joining a club for hot people, trying out for the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and playing ice zombie at a local theme park.

Comments